By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of safety when evaluating electrical systems in the home
• Define basic safety rules to use when inspecting live electrical components
• Define and identify components of Service Entrance equipment
• Identify common failures that can lead to unsafe conditions around the home
• Understand safety issues related to inspection of panels and enclosures
• Understand connections and defects inside the service panel
• Define current standards for outlets in and around the home
This is an online course and will be taught remotely by the instructor using Zoom’s virtual meeting technology. Click here to download the Zoom Client
. Zoom is available for a wide range of devices including desktop, tablet and phone.
Upon completing the registration for this course, you will receive a personalized link to access the online course. If you do not receive the confirmation email containing the link, please contact us and we will resend it to you.
To receive continuing education credits for this course, you must be in the meeting room on time and you must stay in the meeting room until the course has ended. If you arrive late, or leave early, you will not receive credit.
Pete is the Founder and Owner of Real Estate Inspections, a full service multi-inspector property inspection/consulting firm that serves clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region (PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, VA). His firm currently employs a staff of 20 to 25. Some of Pete ‘s accomplishments include:
• Onsite training supervisor and student mentor for The Home Inspection Institute in Voorhees, New Jersey.
• Provides Certified Continuing Education (CE) Courses to Real Estate Agents/Brokers throughout the Mid- Atlantic Region.
• Developed proprietary report writing software for building envelope inspections and moisture testing.
• Personally performed thousands of property inspections that include specialty inspections such as building envelope performance analysis, moisture testing, mold spore analysis, remediation oversight inspections, etc.
• 25+ years as Construction Management Professional – Overseeing day to day operations of countless commercial and residential construction projects
Pete has the following certifications:
• ASHI Certified Inspector (ACI) - American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) #252734
• Certified Consultant – Int'l Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2) #IAC2-02-9294
• HUD Certified Visual Lead-Based Paint Assessor - Pursuant to 24 Code of Federal Regulations Part 35
• Certified Inspector – Certifications from the Exterior Design Institute (EDI) #PA128:
o Level 1 EIFS/Stucco Inspector Certification – Exterior Design Institute (EDI)
o Level 1 Building Envelope Moisture Analysis Certification – (EDI)
o Level 2 Building Envelope Inspector Certification – Exterior Design Institute (EDI)
o Level 2 Building Envelope Quality Control Inspector Certification – (EDI)
• AWCI Certified EIFS/Stucco Inspector (CEI)
• MoistureFree Warranty ® Corp Certified Stucco Inspector
• Certified Inspector – GAF Commercial Flat Roof & Residential Steep Roof Inspector
• Certified Consultant - Mold Testing & Moisture Analyst
• PA, NJ, & DE Certified Real Estate Agent Continuing Education (CE) Instructor
Pete holds the following State Licenses:
• Pennsylvania State Compliant Home Inspector
• New Jersey State Licensed Home Inspector # 24GI00138700
• Delaware State Licensed Home Inspector # H4-0000091
• PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Certified Radon Tester #2958
• NJ DEP Radon Measurement Technician #MET13371
Real Estate Continuing Education (Pennsylvania)
3.00 Real Estate Continuing Education Credit Hours
FREE (No Fee)
Having fully met the requirements of the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission, the following course approval has been granted.
Provider Name: Preferred Systems, Inc.
School Approval Number: RE001037
Course Name: Understanding Residential Electrical Inspections
Course Type: Elective Continuing Education
Approval Number: RECE003717
Approved Hours: 3.0
Partial credit cannot be given to those licenses attending only a portion of this course.
Preferred Systems, Inc.
1001 State Street, Suite 1400
Erie, PA 16501
License Number: I1867088,RT-0010294,RI007264
Real Estate Inspections
675 Featherbed Lane
PA, PA 19060